The International Community of Women Living with HIV (ICW Global) is seeking to contract for an Interim Network Director for the period of transition of the Global Office to Nairobi, Kenya. The contract period is for six months starting March 17, 2014.
The International Community of Women Living with HIV (ICW Global) is the only global network run by and for women living with HIV and AIDS. Bringing women together around the common call “Nothing for us, without us!”; ICW Global works to build and strengthen the movement of women living with HIV to undertake advocacy at national, regional and global levels. At its core, ICW is a vibrant grassroots network with over 15,000 members in ICW networks operating in 120 countries and with 9 active regional networks spanning the globe. We envision a world where all women living with HIV live their lives free of gender oppression, realizing and claiming their full rights inclusive of sexual, reproductive, legal, economic and health rights. ICW Global leads in securing and improving the quality of life for women living with HIV through mobilizing, organizing, advocating, mentoring and raising consciousness on the issues that directly impact women’s lives.
Position: ICW Global Interim Network Director
Reports to: The International Steering Committee (ISC)
Purpose of the Interim Network Director
The Interim Network Director will act as the chief executive officer for a 6 month period.
The Interim Network Director will ensure that there is overall administrative coordination, financial management and integrated systems for effective and efficient implementation and evaluation of programs. The position will focus on the following key functions:
1. Supervise the transition of ICW Global Office from Buenos Aires, Argentina to Nairobi, Kenya
a. Establish the new Global Office
b. Institute recruitment process for and hiring of new staff for key positions( with oversight by ISC)
2. Management: Financial, Staff, Initial Organizational Work Plan.
3. Resource Mobilization: Grant, Donor Liaison
4. Internal & External Communications: Communications Strategy.
The ideal candidate is an energetic and strategic leader, who has demonstrated success as a manager of operations, programs, individuals and teams and who has in-depth knowledge of ICW. Given the time-sensitive nature of the appointment, the short term of the contract and the need for someone who is well versed in the workings of the networks this is a closed call from applications from within the ICW network. ICW will conduct a competitive global recruitment search for the position of permanent Network Director.
This individual will have excellent planning and coordination skills to ensure a flexible, yet results-driven approach. ICW Global work involves a diverse group of stakeholders and therefore this individual must be a superior communicator, report writer and public presenter, as well as a diplomatic negotiator and consensus-builder. This individual will be respected as an inclusive and empathetic leader who will bring a strong analytical, problem solving and financial management acumen to the position.
The Interim Network Director should have the following qualification:
· A passion for ICW Global mission;
· A minimum of 3 – 5 years of increasingly responsible management experience, preferably in a nonprofit organization at the executive level;
· A track record of successful fundraising;
· Experience in managing change processes;
· Political savvy, including knowledge and experience with public policy issues;
· A confident and approachable leader with a demonstrated ability to form and maintain collaborative working relationships with a ISC, professional staff and community partners ;
· Listens to, values and respects diverse cultures, including but not limited to, sexual minorities, racial and ethnic minorities, and people with a wide range of life experiences;
· Knowledge and experience working with HIV and AIDS;
· Financial management experience;
· Knowledge of the changing regional and global health policy landscape;
· Bachelor’s degree required and Master’s degree preferred in a related field .
This position can be virtual, but will involve international economy class travel between different time zones. A competitive contracting rate is offered. Women living with HIV are encouraged to apply.