The application process for BACKUP Health technical assistance has been revised. The recently amended application process is intended to be both simplified and efficient.
Those interested should submit a one-page summary of the applicant’s proposed project. Once the funding request has been reviewed and feedback provided by BACKUP Health, a detailed proposal should be submitted and accompanied by relevant supporting documents. For detailed guidelines on the application process in English, Spanish and French click here
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique (only for the intervention area CCM), Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tanzania, Togo
- Eastern Europe and Central Asia: Kyrgyzstan
- South-East Asia: Myanmar (only for the intervention area CCM), Nepal, Pakistan
- Latin America and the Caribbean: Colombia, Peru
Who can apply?
The following stakeholders in the Global Fund’s funding processes are eligible for BACKUP support:
- national or regional coordinating mechanisms
- governments (e.g. ministries of health or national programmes on HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis or malaria)
- national civil society organisations and in-country branches of international civil society organisations
- private sector organisations.