Calling all W4GF Advocates!
If you work with an NGO’s in the global south from Africa, Eastern Europe & Central Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean – Please apply to be part of the Developing Country NGO Delegation! This is a good opportunity for W4GF Advocates to leverage key platforms directly linked to the Global Fund – to learn more and influence agendas in important decision making circles.
“The Developing Country NGO Delegation (the Delegation) is one of three civil society constituencies on the Board of The Global Fund and represents the perspectives of NGOs and NGO implementers in recipient countries. The Delegation aims to contribute to and influence Global Fund policies and practices in an effort to make them continually and appropriately responsive to the needs of people living with or affected by HIV and AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria and the NGOs and community based organisations (CBOs) providing services and support to address these diseases.”
The Delegation is currently inviting applications for membership from individuals representing and working with NGO’s in the global south (Africa, Eastern Europe & Central Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean). The selection process strives to achieve a balanced and representative Delegation with strong consideration for the following qualities:
- Malaria expertise
- Tuberculosis expertise
- Women in all their diversity
- Key population representatives (sex workers, men who have sex with men, transgender people and people who use drugs)
- Adolescent and Youths in their diversity
- Strong knowledge in finance, strategic planning, media and human rights, sustainability and transitioning.
CLOSING DATE to apply is Thursday, 29 August 2019, 23h00 CEST
- Evidence of being from and resident in a developing country
- Belonging to a community or civil society organization (i.e. NGO, CBO, FBO, network, etc.)
- Formal recommendation letter from the individual’s organization and an undertaking from the organisation to permit the member to contribute up to 25% of the person’s time to the work of the delegation
- Have minimum five years of experience in front-line NGO work in 1 or more of the 3 disease areas (HIV, TB and Malaria)
- Ability and capacity to communicate and network effectively and broadly (must have functioning communications linkages such as: Internet, telephone, computer and email)
- Be culturally competent in communicating with diverse peoples & groups.
- Skills in communication, finance and management procedures are particularly welcomed. Possess diplomatic and strategic political skills including capacity to think and work strategically and independently.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in written and spoken English (additional languages, especially French, Spanish and Russian are greatly desired and welcomed).
Interested to be a member? Details on how to apply can be found here
For more information on the Terms of Reference for Delegation Members and the documentation to apply, see here.