There has been an extension to the application for Scholarships for Civil Society member at Union Lung Conference in Barcelona. The 45th Union World Conference on Lung Health, will be held at the Barcelona International Convention Centre (CCIB) in Barcelona, Spain on 28 October–1 November 2014. The link to apply for the free registrations for the Union conference is here: http://barcelona.worldlunghealth.org/travel-hotel/scholarships
To be eligible, you must be:
· Unable to attend the conference without this financial assistance
· Perform work related to TB, lung health, tobacco, or HIV/AIDS
· A Civil Society member, defined per World Bank guidelines as “the wide array of non‐governmental and not‐for‐profit organizations that have a presence in public life, expressing the interests and values of their members or others, based on ethical, cultural, political, scientific, religious or philanthropic considerations, including community groups, non‐governmental organizations (NGOs), labor unions, indigenous groups, charitable organizations, faith‐based organizations, professional associations, and foundations.”
· Civil Society members will only be considered for free registration if they are not presenting at the conference or serving as a section officer or Board member
Upload the following with your online application:
1. Brief Curriculum Vitae (CV)
2. Letter of support
3. Proof of organisational or school affiliation (students and nurses/allied professionals only).
Further guidlines can be found here to apply for a scholarship.
Deadline for submission: 15 September 2014
Please note that W4GF is unable to support people to attend the conference.