W4GF IS HIRING!
W4GF is searching for a Policy Advisor to lead W4GFs work to ensure Global Fund policies, processes and investment support the achievement of gender equality and human rights at all levels. The W4GF Policy Advisor will provide guidance and conduct W4GF’s policy work related to the Global Fund, its policies and processes.
To access the full ToR for the W4GF Policy Advisory click here
This is a part-time post, for up to two days per week.
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday March 13th 2019.
We are looking for a dynamic woman to join our team! See some of the core competencies and experience we are looking for.
ESSENTIAL: Core Competencies
- Strong ability to self-organise and work independently, remotely and remain flexible with work times.
- Strong ability to work fast to establish priorities and organise work elements in a crosscutting program.
- Excellent ability to communicate well and foster good spirits, build consensus amongst diverse groups of women and respect diversities: cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, professional and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Effective ability to establish and foster good relations with women and gender quality advocates
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with proven expertise to consolidate information from multiple sources and synthesise such information into coherent feedback.
- Excellent planning, goal-setting and prioritization skills with proven analytical and problem-solving skills
ESSENTIAL: Functional Competencies
- Familiarity with how the Global Fund works at the global and national level and substantive knowledge related to current Global Fund policies and practices.
- A solid understanding of challenges and concerns of women in all their diversity in community; civil society networks; or coalition settings.
- Proven track record of advocacy related work and ability to convey strategic thinking and policy guidance on behalf of women in all their diversity.
- Ability to leverage information technology, and virtual systems, for optimal work performance.
- The successful candidate must unequivocally believe in the core values and principles of W4GF and be driven by our vision and mission and have worked substantively to advance the rights of ALL women. The candidate must demonstrate a passion for women’s rights, engagement and social change. Beyond that, we are seeking a candidate that has proven experience and ability to lead and drive advocacy.
- University degree or five years equivalent of extensive development experience that combines policy analysis, dialogue and advocacy, capacity-building and knowledge management relating to gender equality/equity and women’s empowerment.
- Fluency in English is essential
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language – especially French – is an asset.
How to Apply: Please submit your CV and a one-page cover letter (font Calibri 11 or no more than 500 words) with your application. The email should have ‘W4GF Policy Advisor Application’ in the subject line to email@example.com
Your application should detail the following:
- experience, skills and approach to the position
- experience related to the Global Fund
- experience working with women and commitment to gender equality/equity
- proven track record of advocacy related work
- if you have a daily rate, please note this in your cover letter.