Gender Equality is a Human Right, not a Female Fight.
For the first time in the history of the Global Fund, Promoting and protecting human rights and gender equality is prioritised as one of the objectives of the Global Fund Strategy 2017 – 2022. This provides opportunities for community and civil society advocates addressing gender inequality in HIV, TB and malaria to access resources that can save lives. This can ensure that country programming as part of Global Fund Funding Requests apportion resources towards interventions that address inequality, protect women and girls in all their diversity and promote gender equality.
- Global Fund Gender Equality Strategy and Action Plan 2014 – 2016
- Global Fund webpage on its work on Women and Girls
- Global Fund webpage on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights
- Global Fund Rapid Review: Results, Gaps and Lessons from Implementation of Strategies/Action Plans on Gender Equality and Key Populations
- Information and Resources on Gender Equality from the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS)
- World Health Organisation (WHO) and Roll Back Malaria (RBM) Information Sheet on Gender, Health and Malaria
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Fact Sheet on Malaria and the SDGs
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Discussion Paper on Gender and Malaria
- Information and Resources from the International Community of Women Living with HIV (ICW) on Gender Equality
- What Works for Women – A comprehensive review of data from HIV/AIDS interventions for women and girls in nearly 100 countries has revealed several overarching themes
- ICWEA Engagement in the Global Fund Processes Under the New Funding Model (NFM) of Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM)
- Barriers to Harm Reduction Among Women Who Use Drugs Report
The following are Gender Assessment Tools from Technical Partners:
- Gender Assessment Tool for national HIV and TB responses to support countries with applications to the Global Fund
- United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) Gender Equality Capacity Assessment Tool
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Checklist for Integrating Gender into the Processes and Mechanisms of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria
- WHO/UNAIDS Programming Tool on 16 Ideas for addressing violence against women in the context of the HIV epidemic
- WHO Gender Analysis Matrix for Malaria Programmes
Community reflections from Global Fund window 2: How much progress are we making on gender equity? When Monday 27 July at 14:00 -15:30hrs (CAT) Why? Learn from countries that submitted funding requests in the Global Fund Window 2 [(2a) 30 April, 2b) 31 May, 2c) 30...
WOMEN WHO USE DRUGS AND COVID-19: IMPACTS AND WAY FORWARD Médecins du Monde together with International Network of People Who Use Drugs, Harm Reduction International, European Network of People Who Use Drugs, the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, the World...
Women4GlobalFund (W4GF) is convening a working group to keep gender equity as a central priority in the next Global Fund Strategy (2023-2028). The Global Fund team spoke on a recent W4GF webinar, and explained the two years process that kicked off in March 2020 [see...
Don't miss this webinar training on malaria and gender Impact Santé Afrique (ISA) is pleased to invite you to this webinar in collaboration with Women4GlobalFund (W4GF) and the Eastern Africa National Networks of AIDS and Health Service Organisations (EANNASO). This...
THE GLOBAL FUND MUST DELIVER FOR WOMEN & GIRLS! W4GF CALLS FOR MORE ACTION TO ADDRESS GENDER EQUITY IN NEW GLOBAL FUND PROPOSALS
THE GLOBAL FUND MUST DELIVER FOR WOMEN & GIRLS! W4GF CALLS FOR MORE ACTION TO ADDRESS GENDER EQUITY IN NEW GLOBAL FUND PROPOSALS US$12.71 billion has been earmarked by the Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (Global Fund) for country allocations...
Join W4GF in signing the SheDecides Manifesto here As women in implementing countries improve and amplify their advocacy it is important to critically assess and understand the overall landscape of what is being funded, where and by whom and where gaps remain. Whilst...
Comic Relief Fund: Creating safe spaces and platforms for women & girls in Ghana, Kenya or South Africa
This is especially highlighted for W4GF advocates working in Ghana, Kenya and South Africa. See this opportunity for women-led organisations that strengthen and build safe spaces and platforms with women and girls DEADLINE: September 29th 2017 ________ Comic Relief...
GLOBAL FUND REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS: Meaningful Engagement of Adolescent Girls’ and Young Women in Global Fund Related Processes.
The Global Fund invites proposals to support the management of funds to foster meaningful engagement of Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) community-based organisations in Global Fund related processes. Those who apply must have capacity to manage and channel...
Global Fund webinar on human rights, gender, key populations and community systems in the funding request
The Global Fund Access to Funding Department hosted two webinars on ‘Human rights, gender, key populations and community systems in the funding request’ on Thursday 12 January. These webinars are designed as ‘train-the-trainers’ sessions to transfer knowledge to those...
W4GF webinar: Follow up – Operationalisation on the Global Fund Strategy (2017 – 2022) & Replenishment Results: October 20 2016, (14:00 – 15:00 CAT)
Join W4GF advocates for a webinar on October 20 2016 (Thursday) from 14:00 – 15:00 CET to follow up - on the Operationalisation on the Global Fund Strategy (2017 – 2022) & the Replenishment results The webinar will enable W4GF advocates and partners to...