Women’s and girl’s rights are human rights. They cover every aspect of life – health, education, political participants, economic well-being and freedom from violence, among many others. Women and girls are entitled to the full and equal enjoyment of all their human rights and to be free from all forms of discrimination – this is fundamental to achieve human rights, peace and security, and sustainable development.
United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UNWomen)
The following are relevant resources available from partners and relevant stakeholders related to human rights:
- Video on “What is a Human Right?”
- Global Fund webpage on its work on Human Rights
- Global Fund Office of the Inspector General – I Speak Out Now! Campaign
- Stop TB Partnership webpage on TB and Human Rights Task Force
- Resources related to sex work from the Network of Sex Work Projects (NSWP)
- Resources related to drug use from the International Network of People who Use Drugs (INPUD)
- Resources from the International HIV/AIDS Alliance on Human Rights
- Publications and Resources from the Asia and Pacific Transgender Network
- Resources from the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UNWomen)
- Information and resources from United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Information and resources from the World Health Organisation (WHO) on Human Rights
- Information and resource from Salamander Trust on Building a Safe House on Firm Ground
Related Posts on W4GF
At the United Nations Conference on Population in Mexico City in 1984 a policy was announced by the Reagan Administration that became known as the Mexico City Policy also known as the Global Gag Rule for those who oppose it. It was rescinded by President Clinton, and...
Global Fund webinar on human rights, gender, key populations and community systems in the funding request
The Global Fund Access to Funding Department hosted two webinars on ‘Human rights, gender, key populations and community systems in the funding request’ on Thursday 12 January. These webinars are designed as ‘train-the-trainers’ sessions to transfer knowledge to those...
W4GF webinar: Follow up – Operationalisation on the Global Fund Strategy (2017 – 2022) & Replenishment Results: October 20 2016, (14:00 – 15:00 CAT)
Join W4GF advocates for a webinar on October 20 2016 (Thursday) from 14:00 – 15:00 CET to follow up - on the Operationalisation on the Global Fund Strategy (2017 – 2022) & the Replenishment results The webinar will enable W4GF advocates and partners to...
The Global Fund’s Fifth Voluntary Replenishment (16-17th September 2016) will be held in Montreal, hosted by the Government of Canada and will address financial support for the allocation cycle 2017 - 2019. Programmes supported by the Global Fund have saved 20 million...
W4GF COMMENTS ON THE OPERATIONALISATION OF THE GLOBAL FUND STRATEGY 2017 – 2022 FOR THE GLOBAL FUND THAT WE WANT
In June 2016, the Global Fund Board to Fight AIDS Tuberculosis and Malaria (Global Fund) approved the 2017 – 2022 Strategic Key Performance Indicator Framework and directed the Secretariat to present to the Board the Strategic KPI Framework’s performance targets for...