GLOBAL FUND ADVOCATES NETWORK ASIA-PACIFIC
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: REGIONAL COORDINATOR
Global Fund Advocates Network Asia-Pacific (GFAN AP) is recruiting for a Regional Coordinator, to be located in Bangkok, Thailand.
The deadline for application is 15th April 2015.
GFAN AP as a partner of the Global Fund Advocates Network aims to provide for a more consolidated and concerted effort on advocacy and lobbying by communities and civil society networks in the Asia-Pacific Region on resource mobilisation for the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.
The Regional Coordinator will receive his/her mandate from the GFAN AP Working Group, and guidance from the Executive Director of the host organisation, Chair of the GFAN AP Working Group, and the GFAN AP special Advisor. The Regional Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the activities of countries in the Asia-Pacific region; supporting in-country partners in their relevant activities; liaising and maintaining relationships with GFAN and GFAN Africa; and also supporting the GFAN AP working group.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual that can demonstrate extensive engagement with communities and civil society organisations in the Asia-Pacific region, as well as in depth 1understanding of global health financing. S/he must have a demonstrated commitment in working to improve the quality of live for people living with HIV, and affected by TB and/or malaria, as well as engagement of communities and civil society in responding to the three diseases.
Key responsibilities of the Regional Coordinator towards the GFAN AP Working Group include:
- Providing secretariat support to the GFAN AP Working Group in executing its roles and functions;
- Develop, implement and monitor the GFAN AP strategy and workplan as mandated by the GFAN AP Working Group;
- Develop for the approval of GFAN AP Working Group, and monitor the budget necessary to execute the workplan;
- Ensure proper documentation of working processes, develop internal and external reports for GFAN AP;
- Represent the GFAN AP partnership on request of the GFAN AP Working Group and establishing and maintaining working relationships with relevant stakeholders and networks in the region; and
- Regularly liaise with other GFAN groups (global and Africa) and seek out opportunities to advocate collaboratively or complementarily in line with the strategy and workplan mandated by the GFAN Working Group.
Key roles and responsibilities of the Regional Coordinator towards the GFAN AP partnership include:
- Provide on-going support to GFAN AP affiliates, stakeholders and project implementation partners in GFAN-AP related activities;
- Manage an information sharing platform, coordinate communication and provide direct support for GFAN AP members, including, but not limited to increasing its membership, managing the GFAN AP list serve, organising regional/national meetings, hosting teleconferences; and
- Support GFAN AP through policy analysis, strategic advice and identification of opportunities for advocacy, capacity development and resource mobilisation.
A draft Terms of Reference is available here. please note that the hosting arrangements and salary package and benefits will be negotiated with the final candidate, according to the arrangements necessary for the employment.
To apply, please provide your CV and a cover letter with 2 personal references to email@example.com with subject matter “GFAN AP Regional Coordinator Application”.