The Embassy of Canada in Thailand is pleased to launch its annual call for proposals for the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI). The CFLI is a responsive, flexible program, directly managed by the Embassy of Canada, designed to fund small but visible, high impact, results-oriented projects. In general, CFLI projects are locally designed and implemented, making the program highly responsive to local needs and interests.
All projects must be consistent with and apply to one or more of Canada’s five CFLI thematic priorities:
1. Championing inclusive and accountable governance, peaceful pluralism and respect for diversity and human rights;
2. Promoting gender equality and empowerment of women and girls;
3. Addressing climate change and enhancing environmental sustainability;
4. Stimulating sustainable and green economic growth;
5. Promoting stability and security.
The average contribution is $15,000 to $30,000 Canadian Dollars ($50,000 being the maximum allocation amount for a project). Consult the currency converter for local currency equivalents. (Please note that all contributions are made in Canadian dollars)
For more information on the Project Terms, How to submit a proposal and Eligibility click here