When: Tuesday April 17 2018 from 15:00 – 16:30 (CAT).
Description: This webinar will discuss the TB gender assessment tool and highlight key findings from countries that have conducted the assessment, and the ways those processes have informed countries’ national TB response (and Global Fund investments). The webinar will also describe how the CRG Strategic Initiative (SI) has successfully supported the TB gender assessments. To view the UNAIDS/STOP TB Partnership Gender Assessment tool click here
- Heather Doyle, Senior Coordinator, Gender, Community Rights and Gender Department
- James Malar, Stop TB Partnership
- Uliane Appolinario, Program Officer, Strategic Initiative, Community Rights and Gender Department
- Olive Mumba, Executive Director, Eastern Africa National Networks of AIDS Service Organisations (EANNASO)
- Welcome and introduction
- Removing gender related barriers to TB diagnosis, treatment, care and support
- Updates from the Global Fund Secretariat
- Country experience from Tanzania
- Discussion and Questions
The slides that will be presented on the webinar are available here.
Key dates/decision making coming up: UN-High Level Meeting (UN HLM) on TB in New York (September 26th).
Important Background Reading for this webinar:
- For more infomration on this see the Stop TB Partnership UN HLM Background Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
- The UN HLM will build on the outcomes of the Moscow Global TB Ministerial Conference.
- The Global Fund Technical Brief on Tuberculosis, Gender and Human Rights
Note the following important details:
- Follow this link https://zoom.us/j/7183102714
- Click on Join Meeting
- You will receive a pop-up asking: ‘Do you want to run this application?’ Click ‘RUN‘ and this will take you to the join the meeting screen.
- You can test your mic and speakers to see if they are working for the meeting – Click ‘Test Mic and Speaker‘ and close the window when you are finished.
- To Join the Meeting – Click ‘Join Conference via mic and speaker’
The webinars will take place across the following time zones. Double check time zones here for Harare 15:00 – 16:30 (CAT) here if your country is not on the list below:
- Bolivia/New York: 9:00 – 10:30hrs
- Cameroon: 14:00 – 15:30hrs
- Zimbabwe/Botswana/Lesotho/South Africa/Malawi/Mozambique/ Namibia/Swaziland/Zambia: 15:00 – 16:30hrs
- The Netherlands/Switzerland/UK/Nigeria: 14:00 – 15:30hrs
- Kenya/Uganda/Tanzania: 16:00 – 17:30hrs
- India: 18:30 – 20:00hrs
- Bangkok: 20:00 – 21:30hrs