Join W4GF on Tuesday, April 2nd for a webinar on the Global Fund Allocation Methodology
In May 2016, The Global Fund Board approved USD 800 million for catalytic investments to accelerate country allocations to ensure they deliver against the 2017-2022 Global Fund Strategy, Investing to End Epidemics. The catalytic investments include Matching Funds ($346 million), Multi-Country Approaches ($272 million) and Strategic Initiatives ($172 million). Catalytic investments are designed to support programs, activities and strategic investments that cannot be addressed through country allocations alone, yet are deemed crucial to ensure Global Fund investments are positioned to deliver against the Fund’s strategic objectives. For more information on catalytic investments click here
The Eastern African National Aids Service Organisation (EANNASO) recently conducted a survey to review the effect and (to some extent) the impact of Global Fund catalytic investment on community, rights and gender components of the response to HIV, TB and malaria.
Discussion and work are well under way to refine the allocation methodology for the next funding cycle 2020–2022. This webinar will provide a technical session of Global Fund policies and processes around the allocation methodology for the next funding cycle. The webinar will discuss the following:
- What are the lessons from the 2017–2019 allocations and what is the process to approve the 2020–2022 allocations?
- What is the current thinking around the allocation methodology? What might future catalytic investment look like? Will this be part of country allocation and remain focused on communities and civil society?
- What’s coming up at the Strategy Committee meeting end of March and how may this influence a decision that may take place at the May Global Fund Board meeting?
- Maurine Murenga, Founder of Lean on Me Foundation, Kenya (W4GF Advisory Group Member)
- Olive Mumba, Executive Director, EANNASO
- David Traynor, Snr Technical Coordinator, Community Responses Policy & Strategy, Global Fund Secretariat.
- Yun Wei, Specialist, Allocation, Policy and Strategy, Global Fund Secretariat.
Please RSVP to Sophie Dilmitis firstname.lastname@example.org by this Friday, March 29th.
WEBINAR DATE AND TIME
The webinar will take place on Tuesday April 2nd across the following time zones. Double check time zones here for Harare 15:00 – 16:30 (CAT) here if your country is not on the list below:
- Bolivia/New York: 9:00 – 10:30hrs
- Cameroon/UK/Nigeria: 14:00 – 15:30hrs
- Botswana/Lesotho/Malawi/Mozambique/Namibia/South Africa/Swaziland/Switzerland/The Netherlands/ Zambia/Zimbabwe: 15:00 – 16:30hrs
- Kenya/Uganda/Tanzania/Kyiv: 16:00 – 17:30hrs
- India: 18:30 – 20:00hrs
- Bangkok: 20:00 – 21:30hrs
DETAILS TO PARTICIPATE
- Follow this link https://zoom.us/j/509464055
- Click on Join Meeting
- You will receive a pop-up asking: ‘Do you want to run this application?’ Click ‘RUN‘ and this will take you to the join the meeting screen.
- You can test your mic and speakers to see if they are working for the meeting – Click ‘Test Mic and Speaker‘ and close the window when you are finished.
- To Join the Meeting – Click ‘Join Conference via mic and speaker’