Join W4GF on Thursday May 23 for a webinar on Country Coordinating Mechanism (CCM) Evolution
The Global Fund Secretariat was requested by the Global Fund Board to examine how to evolve the current CCM model to better deliver on the Global Fund strategy 2017-2022. This was also been part of the “CCM Audit” released by the Office of the Inspector General (OIG). The objective of the CCM evolution is to ensure that current CCM practices can inform the exercise (‘learning from the past’), while ensuring the new CCM model would allow CCMs to best deliver on the new strategy (‘setting up the vision’). It also includes how to differentiate CCMs. The Country Coordinating Mechanism Policy Including Principles and Requirements are available here.
CCMs that do not fall into the two other categories
|Transition preparedness CCMs
Countries preparing to transition from Global Fund financing
|CCMs in challenging contexts
Countries under the Additional Safeguards Policy and/or categorized as challenging operating environments
Papua New Guinea
Congo (Democratic Republic)
|*Countries where GIZ provides funding during the pilot phase|
2. Webinar Discussion
This webinar agenda will include:
- Updates from the Global Fund: Evolution process Update: The overall process and objectives, what has taken place so far (phases) and where are we now? What are the different CCM Models?
- Sharing from community initiatives around the CCM evolution
- Experience from W4GF Advocates on CCMs with differentiated models
- Next steps and actions
3. Confirmed Speakers
- Ms Deepanjali Sapkota, Associate specialist, Country Coordinating Mechanism, Grant Portfolio Solutions and Support
- Ms Olive Mumba, Executive Director at EANNASO
- Ms Olimbi Hoxhaj, ED of PLWHA Albanian Association and Deputy Chair of the CCM in Albania.
4. How to participate
- Follow this link https://zoom.us/j/724987954
- Click on Join Meeting
- You will receive a pop-up asking: ‘Do you want to run this application?’ Click ‘RUN‘ and this will take you to the join the meeting screen.
- You can test your mic and speakers to see if they are working for the meeting – Click ‘Test Mic and Speaker‘ and close the window when you are finished.
- To Join the Meeting – Click ‘Join Conference via mic and speaker’
5. Webinar Date and Timing
The webinar will take place on Thursday May 23 3pm CAT across the following time zones. Double check time zones here for Harare 15:00 – 16:30 (CAT) here if your country is not on the list below:
- Bolivia/New York: 9:00 – 10:30hrs
- Cameroon/UK/Nigeria: 14:00 – 15:30hrs
- Zimbabwe/Botswana/Burundi/Lesotho/SouthAfrica/Malawi/Mozambique/Namibia/Swaziland/Zambia/TheNetherlands/ Switzerland: 15:00 – 16:30hrs
- Kenya/Uganda/Tanzania/Kyiv: 16:00 – 17:30hrs
- India: 18:30 – 20:00hrs
- Bangkok: 20:00 – 21:30hrs
RSVP to Sophie Dilmitis by Wednesday May 22 at firstname.lastname@example.org