Join W4GF on Monday June 17 for an update on the Global Fund Replenishment
In January 2019 the Global Fund announced its fundraising target (a minimum of US$14 billion) for the next three-year cycle. The summary of the Sixth Replenishment Investment Case describes what can be achieved by a fully funded Global Fund.
The Global Fund is an important institution that strives to support countries to address inequalities faced by women in all our diversity – these inequalities include gender and human rights related barriers to access. By working together we can ensure that affected communities are part of the solution to build more inclusive health systems that leave no one behind. France will host the Global Fund’s Sixth Replenishment Conference in Lyon on 10 October 2019.
The Global Fund Advocates Network (GFAN) have compiled materials that can be utilised to thank your government for their contribution and request they approach other countries to make their pledge or commitments. Check this out here and sign the Call to Action. GFAN have also created a pledge tracker to review progress towards the replenishment target goal.
The Global Fund will provide an update on the replenishment process and the different funding scenarios – and how the 14 billion will support each disease response – as defined by the allocation methodology approved at the most recent Global Fund Board meeting. This webinar will enable W4GF Advocates to have a deeper understanding of the funding required and to discuss civil society mobilisation around the replenishment.
This webinar agenda will include:
- Updates from the Global Fund
- Sharing from community initiatives around the replenishment
- Next steps and actions.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Follow this link https://zoom.us/j/935512560
- Click on Join Meeting
- You will receive a pop-up asking: ‘Do you want to run this application?’ Click ‘RUN‘ and this will take you to the join the meeting screen
- You can test your mic and speakers to see if they are working for the meeting – Click ‘Test Mic and Speaker‘ and close the window when you are finished
- To Join the Meeting – Click ‘Join Conference via mic and speaker’.
WEBINAR DATE AND TIMING
The webinar will take place on Monday June 17 3pm CAT across the following time zones. Double check time zones here for Harare 15:00 – 16:30 (CAT) here if your country is not on the list below:
- Bolivia/New York: 9:00 – 10:30hrs
- Cameroon/UK/Nigeria: 14:00 – 15:30hrs
- Zimbabwe/Botswana/Burundi/Lesotho/SouthAfrica/Malawi/Mozambique/Namibia/Swaziland/Zambia/TheNetherlands/ Switzerland: 15:00 – 16:30hrs
- Kenya/Uganda/Tanzania/Kyiv: 16:00 – 17:30hrs
- India: 18:30 – 20:00hrs
- Bangkok: 20:00 – 21:30hrs
RSVP to Sophie Dilmitis before Friday June 14 at email@example.com