This is an important space for Women4GlobalFund (W4GF) young leaders (born in 1995) to engage as it provides another opportunity to amplify the voices of young leaders to influence progress around gender equality and women’s rights at the national level in addition to the Global Fund. Let’s RUN towards a world where women and girls are free to exercise our rights, including the right to be free from violence and to decide freely on our sexual and reproductive lives.
Are you a young leader born in 1995 that is working to create a world where SheDecides? Or do you know someone who is?
*IMPORTANT: To ensure your application is counted, please use the following subject line in your email: “Beijing 25×25 Application: [your name here]”.
In 1995, 189 governments adopted the Beijing Platform for Action at the Fourth World Conference for Women in Beijing, China. This historic moment marked a new era in the advancement of gender equality and women’s rights, envisioning a world where women and girls are free to exercise their rights, including the right to be free from violence and to decide freely on their sexual and reproductive lives.
To read more about the application please click here and please also share this call widely amongst your network!
Deadline for 25X25 applications is Friday 29 November! *IMPORTANT: To ensure your application is counted, please use the following subject line in your email: “Beijing 25×25 Application: [your name here]”.
SheDecides are looking for 25 young leaders from 25 different countries around the world, all born in 1995, who are taking action to create that world where SheDecides.
Throughout 2020 there will be on-line and off-line opportunities to foreground stories about the impact of the Beijing Platform for Action in your communities, and the inspiring work that you do.
If you are selected, your involvement will begin on global SheDecides Day, 2 March 2020, when you will join the other 24 young leaders in a summit at the SheDecides Day flagship event.
AS A MEMBER OF THE 25X25 COHORT YOU MUST BE:
- Born in 1995
- An articulate person
- Passionate about SheDecides causes, and/or familiar with the Beijing agenda
- Taking action at country level on a key issue related to the SheDecides manifesto (e.g. Abortion, FGM/C, HIV, Contraception etc.)
- Available to travel to the flagship event in early March and engage in select activities throughout 2020.
- An established presence on social media
All applications will need to be emailed* to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following two items:
1) Submit an audio or video file, no longer than two minutes, outlining why you should be one of the 25. This should include:
- Relevant Experience
- Areas of interest
- Knowledge of related organisations and campaigning groups
2) Also submit a max. 600-word piece on an area of the SheDecides Manifesto which you would focus on as one of the 25. This would address:
- Why that particular area (whether it’s abortion, CSE, HIV or FGM/C) is urgent to you and your region
- How you plan to advance its cause throughout 2020
Read more on the current group of 25x25s and what they’ve been up to in 2019.