HER Voice Fund Ambassadors Call for Applications
The HER Voice Fund is managed by the Global Network of Young people living with HIV (Y+) on behalf of the Global Fund and ViiV Healthcare.
Are you an adolescent girl or young woman aged 18-29? Do you reside in Cameroon, Mozambique, Namibia or South Africa? Are you passionate about advocating for the greater involvement of adolescent girls and young women in decision-making processes and spaces at country and regional level? The Global Network of Young People Living with HIV (Y+ Global) seeks to recruit the HER Voice Fund Ambassadors from the above-mentioned countries.
Submit the requested documents (see requirements below) to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 8 June 2020.
About HER Voice Fund
It is a grant scheme funded by ViiV Healthcare and the Global Fund to support adolescent girls and young women in 13 priority countries to engage in the decisions affecting their lives. HER Voice Fund grants amplifies the voices of adolescent girls and young women within the Global Fund and other national processes for health. Each of the priority countries will have an Ambassador who will work closely with the Country Lead and the HER Voice Fund project management unit.
- Must be an adolescent girl or young women
- Between the age of 18-29
- Living within the country they represent
- English proficiency required
- Solid communication skills, including easing in using Skype, Zoom e.t.c
- Experience in working with and advocating for adolescent girls and young women at national or regional level
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Be the face of the HER Voice Fund in country – representing the Fund and its objectives at key meetings and events
- Lead advocacy activities around HER Voice Fund – attending events to talk about the Fund
- Work with the Country Lead to monitor high-level country plans, including country-specific advocacy objectives
- Meet with grantees and find out what activities are going on in country
- Promote the Fund in the media and share implementation stories on various communication platforms
- Potential to participate in the Project Advisory Group in the selection of grantees
- Potential to participate in regional and global meetings to represent priorities of adolescent girls and young women in the HIV response
- Reporting on grantee organisation activities and contributing to reports on progress of the HER Voice Fund.
What are the requirements?
- A letter of interest not exceeding 300 words clearly explaining why you want to be the HER Voice Fund Ambassador and your experience in advocating or engaging with adolescent girls or young women at local or country level
- A curriculum vitae (3 pages maximum)
- A recommendation letter from a reputable local organisation working with adolescent girls or young women in the country
- Passport data page