W4GF organised an informal webinar on 8 May 2020 to hear and learn from countries that submitted funding requests in this new allocation cycle of Window 1. Please access and listen to this dynamic and useful discussion here and review the notes of this webinar Webinar Notes- Window 1- How are we doing on women and girls_ FINAL
The community speakers are all engaged at the national level and advocate for women and girls. They shared their experiences for others currently engaged in the process of developing funding requests to be submitted in Window 2 either on 31 May or 30 June 2020. Speakers included:
- Boingotlo Gupta (Botswana), Director of the Botswana chapter of the Pan-African Positive Women’s Coalition as well as their Continental Chair
- Mara Banda (Malawi), Technical Advisory to the Paradiso TB Patient’s Trust and also on the CCM
- Salome Atim (Uganda), Human rights activist representing affected communities on the CCM and team leader at Engendering Gender Uganda
- Marie-Claude Julsaint, Adviser, PEPFAR and Global Fund Implementation in the UNAIDS Country Office in Haiti
- Tendayi Westerhof (Zimbabwe), National Coordinator of the Pan-African Positive Women’s Coalition-ZIM and the Zimbabwe Women Living with HIV National Forum and recently appointed NAC Board Member.
We also thank Heather Doyle for joining this webinar from the Global Fund.
Advocates shared the following around:
- What worked well and what should others do differently?
- Access to Technical Assistance from Global Fund community, rights and gender (CRG) Strategic Initiatives as well as other support provided by UNAIDS.
- Sharing lessons learnt and advice for adolescent girls and young women and women.