Community reflections from Global Fund window 2: How much progress are we making on gender equity?
Monday 27 July at 14:00 -15:30hrs (CAT)
Learn from countries that submitted funding requests in the Global Fund Window 2 [(2a) 30 April, 2b) 31 May, 2c) 30 June 2020]. The TRPs’ most recent report shows that despite some progress not enough is happening especially beyond the 13 countries that are tracking work around adolescent girls and young women. This is a worrying trend that the next strategy must address.
“Few funding requests addressed the broader dimensions of community systems strengthening (CSS), including capacity-building for key population-led civil society organizations (CSOs) or promoting an enabling environment for rights-based and gender-sensitive programming.…..The TRP is still reviewing a number of gender-blind funding requests, with limited attention to the gendered dimensions of malaria in particular, and inadequate use of sex- and age-disaggregated data…..The gender dimensions of human rights were largely missing from funding requests.”
What we can offer?
The speakers (W4GF Advocates from Bolivia, Cameroon, India and Zambia) are engaged at the national level and advocate for women and girls. They will share their experiences to help other advocates, especially those preparing to submit funding requests in Window 3 (on 31 August) and beyond. The webinar will unpack:
- what is happening at the national level? Where are the bottlenecks in getting what we need for women and girls?
- what worked well and what should other advocates be aware of to do things differently?
- what should we be doing right after we have engaged in national Global Fund processes?
Time in your country
The webinar will take place next Monday 27 July across the following time zones. Double check time zones here if your country is not on the list below:
- Bolivia/New York/Haiti: 8:00 – 9:30hrs
- Cameroon/UK/Nigeria: 13:00 – 14:30hrs
- Zimbabwe/Botswana/Lesotho/SouthAfrica/Malawi/Mozambique/Namibia/Swaziland/Zambia/TheNetherlands/Switzerland: 14:00 – 15:30hrs
- Ghana: 12:00 – 13:30hrs
- Kenya/Uganda/Tanzania/Kyiv: 15:00 – 14:30hrs
- India: 17:30 – 19:00hrs
How to participate
Please register here so that we know you are joining us and we will add you to the calendar invite.
- Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85266300495
- Meeting ID: 852 6630 0495
- Passcode: 833507