The full Terms of Reference can be found here and attached. Submissions should be sent to L.Odendal@developingngo.org no later than 23:59 on May 11, 2021. For questions or further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org before 5 May 2021.
- Bachelors or Advanced degree with specialization in public health, public policy, political science, sociology, social/international development or communication
- Have the ability to prepare position papers, policy briefs and other high level document
- Experience in project and financial management approach to monitoring and evaluation, writing reports and communication briefs;
- Excellent computer and administrative skills;
- Knowledge of public health policies, international development and human rights;
- Ability to communicate clearly (written, verbal and formal presentation skills) in English;
- Ability to work with people of different backgrounds;
- Knowledge in basic web site management and social media marketing and management;
- Experience working with civil society organisations and background in human rights, gender and justice reform would be an asset;
Other Competencies and Key Skills:
- Ability to exercise flexibility in daily time commitments
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing needs of the delegation and potential increase in workloads at different times of the year.
- Understand the scope of the GF work and the opportunities it presents, particularly as it relates to NGO and community issues and people affected by the diseases in developing countries.
- Familiarity and knowledge of Global Fund processes and operations at any level.
- The candidate speaking more than one of the Global Fund’s official languages, would be an asset – all encouraged to apply.
Tenure, Level of Effort and Tenure:
Yearly contract as a consultant, reviewed and negotiated ly. Salary is based on qualifications, experience and permanent residency/ location. The level of effort is a full time equivalent; a part time engagement may be negotiable, with surge periods.
Work Location and Travel:
The CFP may serve in a virtual role, with the ability to make extensive travel, sometimes with short notice, when travel commences. The CFP will work directly with the whole Delegation, under the guidance from the Delegation’s Leadership. S/he will report directly to and be supervised by the Board Member and Alternate Board Member.
Interested individuals should submit the following documents in one PDF, with email subject line: Constituency Focal Point.
1. Updated curriculum vitae outlining specific relevant experience and up to three references.
2. Two samples of written and or published works and articles (reports and multimedia samples are acceptable)
3. An application letter indicating suitability for the position and an indication of expected remuneration and intended level of effort.
Early applications are encouraged. Interviews will be done on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.