Join this web event on Wednesday, May 19, 1:00pm ET (7pm CAT) hosted by Friends of the Global Fight Against AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria on “Women’s and Maternal Health During a Pandemic.” The session will look at:
- How COVID-19 has impacted maternal and women’s health around the world – as part of a “shadow pandemic” with disproportionate effect on women.
- Best practices and challenges for governments, private sector and civil society organizations serving women’s health.
- What makes partnerships on women’s health most effective in contexts of longstanding pandemics (like AIDS, TB and malaria) and emerging pandemics (COVID-19 and ones to come)
You can sign up by clicking here.
After a welcome by President and CEO of Friends, Chris Collins, panelists include leading voices from different sectors
- Dr. Mary-Ann Etiebet, Associate Vice-President for Health Equity at Merck and Lead, Merck for Mothers
- Stephanie Psaki, Ph.D., Senior Advisor, Human Rights and Gender Equity, Office of Global Affairs, Department of Health and Human Services
- Dr. Angela M. Wakhweya, Senior Director, Health Equity and Rights Team, CARE
- Lucy Wanjiku Njenga, Programme Officer, Women4GlobalFund
- Mark P. Lagon, Ph.D., Chief Policy Officer, Friends of the Global Fight (Moderator)
Please join the conversation by RSVPing here.