The current health crisis linked to COVID-19 has affected the world and caused harmful economic and social repercussions. Lockdowns, travel restrictions and other measures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 have jeopardised the progress made in development in recent years, and have particularly affected the most vulnerable people such as women and girls.
The objective of the webinar is to address how the health crisis has impacted women, and how they have been able to survive the difficulties encountered, as well as the role of civil society organizations. Also, to present the main recommendations collected during the community consultations organised as part of the Global Funds COVID-19 Response Mechanism (C19RM), where the needs of vulnerable populations have been identified.
- Nawara Women’s Network for the MENA region: Algeria, Djibouti, Egypt, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Pakistan, Sudan, Yemen
- UNAIDS Morocco: Dr. Kamal Alami
- UNDP: Dr. Al Fatih Abdelraheem
- W4GF: Sophie Dilmitis
- C19RM Participants Maysoun Qawasmi; Nawara Women’s Network for the MENA region
Date, time and log in
- Date and place: 8 March, 2022 at 2 pm (Morocco time) 3pm CAT, via this link
- ID de réunion : 977 0051 0150
- Password : 123