Deadline for applications: 25 March 2016
The Global Fund is seeking for a Technical Advisor, Gender / Grade Level D
The Technical Advisor, Gender supports the Secretariat’s work on gender, collaborating across the Secretariat and with external partners. This position works with the Senior Technical Coordinator, Gender to provide support and technical guidance to ensure gender considerations are integrated throughout Global Fund processes, procedures, structures, and investments.
S/he works directly with Country Teams in the Grant Management Division providing technical support throughout the grant cycle, including the technical review of CCM-submitted grant requests and concept notes, related grant-making documents, and technical support during implementation.
S/he also supports the Senior Technical Coordinator, Gender to provide the Global Fund with tailored training and guidance on gender, keeping staff updated on the most relevant scientific evidence and effective program practices in this area; representing the Global Fund in technical related fora and liaising closely with key technical and civil society partners to maximize the Global Fund’s contribution to the fight against HIV/AIDS, TB and malaria, as directed by the Head, Community, Rights and Gender.
Perform the following duties under the prioritization, supervision and direction of the Senior Technical Coordinator, Gender and in close collaboration with the Head, Community, Rights and Gender Department:
- Works closely with the Grant Management division to support identification of technical assistance needs of gender programmatic activities and to facilitate optimal partner engagement around investment design, reprogramming and/or implementation activities. Provides strategic thinking and expert advice on issues, challenges and initiatives critical to the attainment of objectives in line with latest best evidence and programmatic developments on gender.
- Provides support to country teams during country dialogue, grant making and implementation with assistance related to gender, human rights, and community systems.
- Contributes to the development, evaluation and continual refinement of capacity building tools and trainings for Global Fund staff, consultants, and in-country partners on issues related to gender, human rights, and community responses.
- Contributes to the review and refinement of Global Fund information notes and briefings out to country teams, and in-country partners as pertains to gender, gender equality, human rights, community responses, and other related issues.
- Contributes to fostering collaborative relationships on gender with external partners of the global level to ensure the prompt interpretation of new knowledge on and normative guidance on gender in disease, health and community systems and responses as relevant to Global Fund grants. Supports Secretariat efforts to strengthen Global Fund collaboration and interaction with key external partners supporting integration of gender into disease programs.
- Monitors programmatic developments, including new tools and approaches to health and human rights in general, and ensures dissemination and utilization where appropriate.
- Contributes to the development of regular Global Fund reports, publications, press releases and other advocacy or information materials, as necessary.
- Perform other duties consistent with the role and grade as required.
Subject to change by the Executive Director at any time at his sole discretion.
Benefits: The Global Fund offers a comprehensive package of benefits. Click here to see more details.
Reporting to: Senior Technical Coordinator, Gender
Work Division/Department: Strategy, Impact and Investment Division (SIID) / Community, Rights and Gender (CRG) Department
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON HOW TO APPLY, AS WELL AS FURTHER INFORMATION ON QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES – PLEASE CLICK HERE.