The Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women is currently updating its General Recommendation No. 19: “25 years of CEDAW General Recommendation No. 19 (1992): Accelerating efforts on gender based violence against women”.
At its sixty-fourth session, the Committee decided to invite all interested parties to submit comments in writing on the “Draft update of General Recommendation No. 19” (to be indicated in the subject title) to the following email address: email@example.com
After a thorough and due consideration of comments provided, only the Committee will decide on the contents of the final version of the update of General Recommendation No. 19.
All submissions :
- Must be submitted in one of the working languages of the Committee – English, French or Spanish;
- Must be submitted in WORD format;
- Must be submitted in one single document indicating precisely the paragraphs on which comments are being made;
- Must not exceed a maximum of 5 pages for all comments made;
- Should be written in a concise and focused style;
- Will not be translated;
- Will be posted on the CEDAW web page devoted to the draft update of General Recommendation No. 19.
Comments must be submitted by 30 September 2016.
To facilitate the work of the Committee, this deadline will be strictly applied. No submissions received after this deadline will be considered or posted on the web page.
The draft update of General Recommendation No. 19 on gender based violence against women can be found here