The International AIDS Society (IAS) is organising a series of webinars on COVID-19 and HIV to discuss the pandemic and its impact on people living with HIV. Through these webinars, the IAS would like to provide an opportunity for discussion around the latest science, in addition to sharing learning and best practices in relation to COVID-19 and HIV between countries at different stages of the pandemic, especially in lower- and middle-income countries. This webinar brought to you by the IAS Educational Fund will provide ample time for interactions between the participants and the speakers through a Q&A session. The first webinar on COVID-19 and HIV: What you need to know, will take place on 3 April 2020 (9:00 – 10:30 Zurich time, CEST). The webinar is openly recommended to HIV professionals, government representatives working in the field of HIV, public health specialists, programme managers, service providers, civil society representatives and members of organisations supporting key and vulnerable populations. It will include discussions on:
- Latest WHO guidelines on COVID-19 and HIV
- Global health systems preparedness
- Frontline lessons learned and measures implemented for people living with HIV
Send any questions in advance of the webinar to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to register and here to join the webinar. The webinar ID is 244-023-945
- Latest WHO updates and guidance on COVID-19 and HIV: Dr Meg Doherty, Director of Global HIV, Hepatitis and STI Programme at the World Health Organization (WHO);
- Global health systems preparedness: Prof Anton Pozniak, President of the International AIDS Society, Consultant Physician and Director TB service, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital London, UK, Professor (Clinical Research) LSHTM, UK;
- Frontline lessons learned and measures implemented for people living with HIV: Dr Olivier Nawej Tshikung, Infectious Diseases Clinic Lead, Geneva University Hospitals (HUG).
MODERATOR: Dr Lucy Stackpool-Moore, Director, HIV Programmes and Advocacy, International AIDS Society.
DETAILS TO JOIN THE WEBINAR: This webinar will take place on Apr 3, 2020 at the following times:
- Ghana: 7am
- Cameroon/Nigeria: 8am
- Rwanda/Namibia/Zimbabwe/Zurich: 9am
- Nairobi: 10am
- India: 12:30pm
- Bangkok: 2pm