Increasing Access to Screening and Treatment to Prevent Cervical Cancer
When: Thursday 25 June 2020 at 15:00 – 16:45 (CAT)
The Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) welcomes you to this special dialogue to explore and learn about the WHO guideline process while discussing the importance community inclusion in recommendations especially women’s perspective as service receivers.
W4GF Advocates will have an opportunity to:
- Be updated on the progress of the WHO Global Strategy
- Discuss the impact of COVID-19 on cervical cancer prevention and control services and planning for rapid recovery
- Explore women’s perspectives on cervical health, screening and treatment with civil society groups from the cancer, HIV and sexual and reproductive health rights fields
- Learn about WHO’s new screening guidelines, and the rationale and process for the update
- Join the global effort to inform the new recommendations.
To register click here and save the date. You will receive details on how to join.
The webinar will take place on This will take place on Thursday 25 June 2020 at 15:00 – 16:45 Geneva time. across the following time zones. Double check time zones here if your country is not on the list below:
- Bolivia/New York/Haiti: 9:00 – 10:30hrs
- Cameroon/UK/Nigeria: 14:00 – 15:30hrs
- Zimbabwe/Botswana/Lesotho/SouthAfrica/Malawi/Mozambique/Namibia/Swaziland/Zambia/Netherlands/Switzerland: 15:00 – 16:30hrs
- Kenya/Uganda/Tanzania/Kyiv: 16:00 – 17:30hrs
- India: 18:30 – 20:00hrs
- Myanmar: 19:30 – 20:00hrs
- Bangkok: 20:00 – 21:30hrs
To learn more about cervical cancer as seen and lived through the eyes of women living with HIV click here