Why this webinar?
Join this W4GF webinar to understand more about the Global Partnership to Eliminate all forms of HIV-related Stigma and Discrimination (The Global Partnership) and how it connects to the Global Fund?
This webinar, organised in partnership with the Global Network of People Living with HIV (GNP+) and UNAIDS, hopes to build on Global Partnership commitments and connections to influence national programmes and services funded by the Global Fund and others. More action is required to address stigma and discrimination as persistent barriers to accessing prevention, testing and treatment services for many women and girls especially those from key affected populations. Join this discussion to learn more about where the Global Partnership is being implemented; what the impact has been for women and girls and how you can connect to this work in your own country.
Don’t miss our latest information note on What the Global Partnership is and why women need to know about it
The co-convenors of the Global Partnership are: the United Nations Development Programme (UNPD), the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women), the Global Network of People Living with HIV (GNP+), the UNAIDS Secretariat, with the leadership and technical support of the NGO delegation to the UNAIDS Programme Coordination Board and the Global Fund joined the Global Partnership as co-convener in 2020.
- Welcome and introduction? (Sophie Dilmitis, W4GF)
- What is the reality for women (Lillian Mworeko International Community of women living with HIV Eastern Africa, Uganda and Olive Edwards, Jamaican Community of Positive Women, Jamaica)
- Why this partnership? (Simone Salem, UNAIDS)
- Where and how is this work happening? (Sasha Volgina, GNP+)
- What is the Global Fund’s role and how is this work directly supporting women’s rights? (Ralf Jurgens, Global Fund)
- Discussion and next steps (Sophie Dilmitis, W4GF)
How to join
- Register here and we will add this event to your calendar to secure your time
- Click on this link https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87161078380
- Meeting ID: 871 6107 8380
- Passcode: 605452
Date and Time
The webinar date is Tuesday 5 October (3pm – 4:30pm CAT) across the following time zones. Double check time zones here if your country is not on the list below:
- Jamaica: 8:00 – 9:30hrsGhana: 13:00 – 14:30hrs
- Cameroon/Nigeria: 14:00 – 15:30hrs
- Zimbabwe/Botswana/Lesotho/SouthAfrica/Malawi/Mozambique/Namibia/Swaziland/Zambia/TheNetherlands/Switzerland/UK: 15:00 – 16:30hrs
- Kenya/Uganda/Tanzania/Kyiv: 16:00 – 17:30hrs
- India: 18:30 – 19:30hrs