WHAT’S HAPPENING IN JAMAICA AROUND WOMEN AND THE PARTNERSHIP TO END ALL FORMS OF STIGMA & DISCRIMINATION: ARE THE RIGHTS OF WOMEN & GIRLS ADDRESSED?
WHY THIS WEBINAR?
Gender inequality and HIV-related stigma and discrimination make it more difficult to prevent HIV transmission among women and girls, and for women and girls living with HIV, stigma and discrimination can impact their ability to live healthy and productive lives. These two challenges are among the main reasons why AIDS remains one of the leading causes of death among women aged 15 – 49.
Join us to find out more about what the Global Partnership to end all forms of HIV-related Stigma and Discrimination is and how it addressed the rights of women and girls in Jamaica. Reducing and ending HIV-related stigma and discrimination is impossible without addressing gender-related stigma and discrimination.
- Welcome (W4GF)
- What is the Global Partnership? The Jamaican Network of Seropositives (JN+)
- Overview of the work in Jamaica: (UNAIDS)
- What is the Global Fund supporting on women and girls (Jamaica CCM)
- Findings of research conducted by the Jamaica Community of Positive Women (JCW+) and TransWave Jamaica
- Discussion and questions
- Closure and next steps
This webinar will take place on Monday 22 November, 2021 8am – 9:30am Jamaica time
HOW TO JOIN
- Register and we will add you to the calendar invite to secure your time.
- To join the call click on this link https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84092427481
This webinar is organised by Women4GlobalFund (W4GF) in partnership with the Global Network of People Living with HIV (GNP+); the Jamaica Community of Positive Women (JCW+); the Jamaican Network of Seropositives (JN+) with support from UNAIDS.