About this webinar
On the 10 November 60 people joined a webinar to find out how the Global Partnership to end all forms of HIV-related Stigma and Discrimination (the Global Partnership) is addressing the rights of women and girls in Uganda.
This webinar was organised by Women4GlobalFund (W4GF) in partnership with the Global Network of People Living with HIV (GNP+); the Alliance of Women Advocating for Change (AWAC), The International Community of Women Living with HIV Eastern Africa (ICWEA); The National Forum of People Living with HIV/AIDS Networks in Uganda (NAFOPHANU); Positive Women with Disabilities (POWODU); the Uganda Network of Young People Living with HIV/AIDS (UNYPA) with support from UNAIDS.
Recording and slides
Listen to the recording and access the slides that were presented by speakers below:
- Welcome (W4GF Sophie Dilmitis)
- Overview of the Global Partnership and the work Uganda (UNAIDS – Sarah Nakku)
- Women’s engagement in the Global Partnership: (Dorothy Namutamba ICWEA)
- What is the Global Fund supporting? (Salome Atim Uganda CCM)
- Facilitated discussion with participants and UNYPA, AWAC, POWUDU, NAFOPHANU on work related to women and the Global Partnership
- Closure and next steps (W4GF)
A note for the record is available here
If you want to know more then done miss our information note on WHAT THE GLOBAL PARTNERSHIP IS AND WHY WOMEN NEED TO KNOW ABOUT IT AND SEE OUR VIDEO IF YOU PREFER TO LISTEN INSTEAD OF READ
Here are key documents related to the Global Partnership and the Global Fund:
- Don’t miss our latest information note on What the Global Partnership is and why women need to know about it (October 2021)
- Global Fund’s guidance on ensuring that programs to remove human rights-related barriers to HIV, TB and malaria services are gender responsive and gender transformative. (April 2021)
- Evidence for eliminating HIV-related stigma and discrimination – Guidance for countries to implement effective programmes to eliminate HIV-related stigma and discrimination in six settings (UNAIDS 2020)
- Addressing stigma and discrimination in the COVID-19 response Applying the evidence of what works from HIV-related stigma and discrimination in six settings to the COVID-19 response (UNAIDS 2020)
- The Global Partnership to Eliminate all forms of HIV-related Stigma and Discrimination (UNAIDS 2018)
- PLHIV Stigma Index 2.0 (2018). See the GNP+ website for more information
- The seven key programs to reduce stigma and discrimination and increase access to justice (UNAIDS 2012)
CONNECT AND FIND OUT MORE
Find out more about how women are being engaged in Uganda. More information about GNP+’s work with the Global Partnership is available on its website. You can also reach out to the contacts below to find out more about how women can engage in this work.