W4GF held its first global workshop to mobilise advocates in mid-2013 – supported principally by UNAIDS and the Global Fund CRG – with funds directed through AIDS Strategy Advocacy and Policy (ASAP Ltd), a community-based consultancy that had originally conducted research (from 2012) into implementation of the Global Fund’s Gender Equality Strategy (& found it lacking). Over the next two years multiple capacity building workshops and early activities were supported across all continents.
W4GF early workshops organising helped to strengthen the capacity of women not yet reached by the W4GF processes, to ensure that the diversity of gender equality advocates was reached, including groups of key affected women, and gender equality advocates who do not work in English.
The workshops grew the W4GF movement and mobilised more communities of women to be engaged in country level processes of the Global Fund funding model. For the past three years W4GF transitioned to work virtually, moving away from the heavy reliance on face-to-face workshops. For more information, please click on the links provided below.
- W4GF Global Workshop, 10 – 12 July 2013, Geneva Switzerland – Strengthening Women’s Engagement with the Global Fund to Champion Gender Equality through the New Funding Model and Beyond
- W4GF Global Workshop, 27 – 29 October 2013, Paris, France – Improving the TB Response from a Gender Perspective
- W4GF Asia-Pacific Workshop, 14 – 16 November 2013, Bangkok, Thailand – Gender Equality and the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria
- W4GF Africa Workshop, 4 – 6 December 2013, Cape Town, South Africa – Gender Equality and the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria
- APNSW & ASWA Workshop, 8 – 13 August 2013, Siem Reap, Cambodia – Capacity Building on the Global Fund, Human Rights, and Gender
- Global Fund Board Workshop, 3 March 2014, Jakarta, Indonesia – Gender Equality within Global Fund Processes
- W4GF Francophone Workshop, 7 – 10 December 2014, Marrakech, Morocco – Gender Equality and the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria
- Stop TB Partnership Workshop, 13 – 15 January 2015, Nairobi, Kenya – TB/HIV Gender Assessments: Building capacity for TB Activists to Advance Gender Equality through Global Fund and National Programmes
- W4GF Africa Workshop, 6 – 8 December 2015, Harare, Zimbabwe – Strengthening and Integrating TB & Malaria within the HIV Gender Response
- W4GF Global Workshop, 28 June – 1 July 2016, Bangkok, Thailand – Supporting Gender Equality and Human Rights Champions in Global Fund Country Processes
- W4GF Session at AIDS 2016, 22 July 2016, Durban, South Africa – Global Village Session on Gender Equality and Human Rights in the Global Fund Strategy 2017 – 2022
- W4GF Africa Workshop, 12- 14 December 2016, Johannesburg, South Africa – Strengthening Capacity of Women’s and Gender Equality Advocates to Effectively Participate in Global Fund Country Processes under the New Strategy and Workshop Report